Virtual High School Canyon Challenge at GCU
DateMonday, Mar. 1, 2021
Friday, Mar. 19, 2021
GCU invites all business-minded high school students to participate in the GCU Canyon
Challenge pitch competition! Form a team and develop a three-minute business pitch of your
choice based on one of the following topics:
- Develop your idea and perfect your presentation.
- Digitally record your presentation and upload to YouTube (visibility must be set to “public” and be audible for the viewer).
- Email your presentation link to [email protected] with your team name and high school as the subject line to officially submit your pitch.
Each team member MUST register for the event on their own in order for a team pitch to be considered.
The Colangelo College of Business (CCOB) IDEA Club leadership will review all entries and select
the top four finalists. On March 19 at 4 pm, CCOB will host the Canyon Challenge pitch event for start-up businesses developed by GCU students. After the GCU pitches, each of the four high school finalists will have their pitch shown live to the viewers. At the end, our Colangelo College of Business dean, Dr. Randy Gibb and the Chair of our Entrepreneurial Program, Tim Kelley, will select the first- and second-place winners! First-and second-place team members will receive a custom Canyon Challenge award.
Dates to Remember:
- Competition starts on March 1
- The last day to submit your team pitch is March 15
- Tune into the Canyon Challenge live stream on March 19 at 4 pm AZ Time to see if your pitch
is a finalist and ultimately the winner!
Check out the following videos to get a leg up on the competition!
Tim Kelley’s Welcome and Overview
GCU Student past Canyon Challenge participant
Canyon Angel Investor – “What We Look For in a Pitch”
Questions? Just reach out to [email protected] for more information!