ACSI Eastern Division GCU Leadership Forum
DateWednesday, Apr. 28, 2021
Wednesday, May. 26, 2021
Time10:00 am - 12:00 pm
For questions, contact Carol Lippert at [email protected] or 602-639-7837.
- This event has passed.
GCU’s K12 Educational Development and the ACSI Eastern Division cordially invite you to join a leadership series designed to help you strategically plan for next school year. The importance of a strong, aligned plan can’t be underestimated. In Jeremiah 29:10, God told us, “For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
As educators, we must follow God’s example and constantly look toward the future to design educational systems that support learners, families and staff. In a world mired by controversy and pandemic, it can be easy to lose focus. Simultaneously managing virtual, hybrid and in-person learning requires planning and forethought. Join us for this series to reinvigorate and realign your strategic priorities.
Session 1 – April 28; 10 am – noon EST
- In this session, join our expert presenters, Dr. Ryan Bredow, Dr. Daniel Egeler and Mr. Greg Harman, as they lead you through an interactive learning session designed to assist you with developing your strategic planning muscles. While keeping the challenges of 2019 and 2020 in mind, our presenters will encourage you to use these experiences to develop a robust plan to guide your school through 2021 and beyond. Additionally, they will bring you real-world examples of Christian schools who have successfully met and exceeded these challenges. Finally, you will also have the opportunity to brainstorm with other Christian leaders in small-group, Zoom breakout sessions. Ryan, Dan and Greg’s guidance, combined with a peer network, will jumpstart your 2021 planning.
- Biblical integration and guidance: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV).
Session 2 – May 12; 10 am – noon EST
- In this session, our expert presenters will be joined by other educational leadership experts to engage you in interactive, focused conversations about strategic planning needs, challenges and opportunities. This session will be grounded in guiding questions and conversation protocols to ensure that you leave with strategies, new connections with like-minded leaders and actionable next steps. You will also assist in formulating the agenda for the May 26 session to ensure that topics are relevant to your needs.
- Biblical integration and guidance: “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: if either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken” (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, NIV).
Session 3 – May 26; 10 am – noon EST
- Working from the agenda built during the May 12 meeting, our expert presenters will be joined by other educational leadership experts to, again, engage you in interactive, focused conversations about strategic planning needs, challenges and opportunities. This session will be grounded in guiding questions and conversation protocols to ensure that you leave with strategies, new connections with like-minded leaders and actionable next steps. Our hope is, that by the end of this series, you will have tools and resources to help you confidently step into the 2021-22 school year.
- Biblical integration and guidance: “For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others” (Romans 12:4-5, NIV).