Summer Math InstituteDates: June 13-17, 2016
Time: 8 am - 4 pm
Grand Canyon University offers this exciting opportunity for high school mathematics educators and school teams to experience a new vision for what it means to teach and learn mathematics.
Led by Dr. Scott Adamson and Dr. Trey Cox, two leading education mathematicians, the Think Big Summer Math Institute is designed to:
- Use the Standards for Mathematical Practice as a framework
- Promote the conceptual development of important mathematical ideas
- Develop teacher mathematical content knowledge
- Facilitate professional development through learning strategies that makes sense of Think Big math practices
Think Big topics:
- Monday, June 13: Linear Modeling emphasizing covariation and rate of change
- Tuesday, June 14: Quadratics and Higher Order Polynomials Modeling emphasizing covariation and rate of change
- Wednesday, June 15: Statistical Modeling emphasizing univariate and bivariate data
- Thursday/Friday, June 16 and 17: Train-the Trainer-collaborate with Dr. Adamson and Dr. Cox to create an effective staff development training model
Questions? Contact Kathryn Scott, Director of Educational Development and Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: $450 (participant schools), $500 (non-participant schools)
Cost includes: instructional materials, lunch and snacks and on-going contact with Dr. Adamson and Dr. Cox throughout the year.
- PD Hours: Earn 35 Professional Development (PD) hours!
Learn more about lodging and dining options while you're visiting.